Monday, October 19, 2009

If he asks me this now.....

M is not even 2 1/2 yet but it seems like in the last month or so he has become a flurry of non-stop questions.

The questions come particularly at bedtime. And don't think that you can get away with ignoring him. He has no problem repeating the question for 2 minutes until you answer him!

So last night...

m: Where do Mommy's come from?

M: (thinking oh boy..) From Grandmas... When Mommy was a liiittttle baby, she was inside Grandma's tummy, just like you were inside Mommy's tummy.

m: So where did I come from?

M: You came from in Mommy's tummy.

m: How did I get out of your tummy?

M: Mommy's have a special place just for babies to come out.

m: Can I see it?

M: No!

m: How did I get into Mommy's tummy?

M: God put you there.

then we had silence for a few minutes. I feared what the heck he was pondering next.
And he said...

m: When I was a liiiitttle baby, God came down from the sky. He came into my house and came up the stairs into my room. He put me into your tummy!

uh huh, something like that....

1 comment: