Thursday, October 15, 2009

Healing.....Missing You

Most days I think I'm better. I'm going about the things that I do and going on with life. Then there are days like today. I had to go see my doctor for the first time after and all of a sudden out it all came.

It still hurts so much. But I still firmly believe that our little baby went straight to heaven and we'll meet her one day.

Today is the National Day of Rememberance for Infant Loss and Miscarriage. I never even knew there was such a day. Now I feel a bit more like I have to carry a banner for all those women who've lost babies early and later on. I feel for all of them because I never knew it could hurt as much as it does, even when we only knew she existed for 2 months.

I found comfort today reading the comments at Bring the Rain. There are so so many women who have to write the same story as me. It's not fair, but life isn't fair. I take comfort to know there are those who were able to move on and who confirm that they never forget. That might be one of my biggest wonders is that I'll forget some day. But I know I won't.

I wouldn't have thought twice about it before, but I'm sure there is someone out there you know who misses their baby somewhere. Say a prayer for them today.

"Missed you before I met you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment