Friday, October 16, 2009

Bit by Bit

Today is a much better day than yesterday was.

When I went to see my doctor, she wanted me to be off work for a few weeks. She wanted to make sure that I was healed both physically and mentally before I went back to the grind of every day life. As she put it make sure there isn't a lot of "baggage" going back with you as well. So she gave me some tasks:

1) Take time for yourself. Grieve. Reflect. Think. Whatever. I have done that. I am trying to do that more often and regularly. Another lesson from all of this is to remember time for me.

2) Do something with your time that give you a sense of accomplishment. Positive endorphines help in the physical and emotional healing process. In other words, there are/were times for laying in bed watching 10 episodes of Grey's straight, but I couldn't do that forever.

So, I have two projects that are helping me quite a bit.

The first is to exercise every day. For two reasons. I can't wear maternity clothes forever and a miscarriage does this real cruel thing of leaving extra weight on your body that isn't as easy to get rid of as when you breastfeed. I also find that after I exercise, I feel so much better the rest of the day. The load on my heart is lightened just a bit and I can enjoy time with Matthew and have the energy to get the laundry done. I am on day 4 of exercising and it is working, so I will stick with it come hell or high water!

Second, I'm organizing. I don't know what the word or disesase is for a person like me, but I feel like the universe is lined up when things are organized. That certainly doesn't mean I'm good at keeping things organized. But, with each trick I learn, it gets easier and better. For some reason, the sense of accomplishment I feel after getting the pantry straightened out or filing our papers also makes my day go so much better.

So that's pretty much what I'm up to. M is becoming a very good organizer too... except while I'm organizing in one place, he's usually re-organizing something else for me at the same time :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment