Saturday, November 7, 2009

He refused to wear a buzz...

Let me start this post by clarifying a "buzz" is a nighttime pull-up with a picture of Buzz Lightyear on it.

Last night, after a meltdown because he didn't want to go to bed and the fact that we had company over, I gave in to the fact he refused to put a pull up on and put extra pads on his bed and said, "ok, we'll see you in the morning"....

I couldn't sleep last night. I kept waking up a million times thinking "has he already peed? Is the bed wet?" So upon hearing him at 6:30 this morning, I bolted to his room, thinking maybe, just maybe, he's still holding it, but I knew better.

Nope. Shirt, socks, jammies, bed, all wet. Good thing it's sheet washing day.

Now, I'm not the one saying he doesn't still need a pull-up at night. I know very well he does. But he doesn't understand why he can wear big boy undies in the day and has to have a pull-up at night. What to do? Let's just hope this is a very short lived protest because I ain't doing laundry every 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment