Saturday, March 14, 2009

Formal, Casual or Hybrid - Part 2

So now you know if you're a formal or casual person... but are you really?
You see, there's part 2 to this story according to Mimi Donaldson.

You can also be very formal or casual with your STUFF. (Ha, I hear my mom laughing right now)...

I may be very formal with my time... but I am quite casual with my stuff! Oh what a shocker eh? So, I am a hybrid.

Now, as a hybrid, I have half a formal self and half a casual self and you can bet that they dual between each other constantly, yet neither has ever been able to completely persuade the other half to join its revolution.

My casual side has always tried to convince the formal side to just "get there when you get there" but oh, my formal side has never let that happen yet.

My formal side is constantly trying to persuade the casual side that it must be more organized around the house that there needs to be places for everything. And yet, I love to try and organize things... I'm just not the worlds best at keeping them that way. None the less, I think formal has an edge of casual in this area. One of these days I will get this place organized once and for all. The funny thing it, Formal already has my office at work organized to a tee, so I can't quite understand why it can't get casual to take a vacation at home too..

Anyhow, as I said in my last post.. you can tell if you're formal or casual with your stuff by looking at your purse. Do you have a specific little pocket for the loonie that you put into the shopping cart!?! Do you have a safety pin and bandaid and a rubber band in a little box in a slot, just in case?? I'm not making fun of you if you do, but if you do, you're a formal stuff person.

This is what my purse does not look like. (yet)



But funny enough, I just read this blog before I was about to post. I am going down to the states in a few weeks, and I am gettin' me one of these purses. Formal stuff will be thrilled! Just imagine the stuff I can keep organized now!

So tell me, now that you know all the sides, what are you???

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty much exactly like you. Formal with my time but casual with my stuff. I find that since having Evan I have gotten more casual with my time b/c otherwise I would lose my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would seem to fall under the same hybrid catergory. I am so casual with my stuff, that really you should just call me a slob! I don't think I could live with a purse like that. Too structured. I think I need the casual past to keep me sane, otherwise I would be more of a basket case than I already am, and I don't think Marty could handle that!

    ReplyDelete