Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Back from the Big D

So the hubby and I went off on a little adventure down to Dallas this past weekend. Hubby had commitments with work down there and so I decided to tag along, as Grandpa and Grandma were willing to come to Calgary to babysit Matthew.

At first, I was fully expecting the trip to be a lot of alone time for myself, as I thought Hubby had lots of work commitments, but in the end, we got to spend a lot of quality time together, which was nice. Quality time with just the two of us has been lacking for some time and we are realizing that we have to make a point to do things just the two of us and taking advantage of times like this past weekend when we can get away, just the two of us!

Dallas was a pretty cool city, but not as great as Calgary or Vancouver, in terms of the downtown areas. In fact, I thought the downtown core was actually pretty yucky.

We took a few adventures, and I will try post pictures soon. I shopped a lot. A lot more than I intended to, but I found some really great deals and well, you know how it goes. Outlet stores are usually at the top of my list when we go to the states, but for some reason, I didn't even think of them this time until Hubby asked me if I wanted to go when we were down there! Ah, hell ya! If you've never experienced the "premium" outlets chain, you really should when you go down there... so much stuff... so little time (and money)...

My best deal? Two pairs of jeans (regular $85) at my favourite store *Ann Taylor* for $8.73 a pair. Yes, $8.73 a pair. Now, you can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment