Saturday, January 17, 2009

Come on People....

I spent a good chunk of my Saturday afternoon outside chopping ice. Why was I doing it and not my husband, you ask? Well, he had kindly taken Matthew to the store for a couple of hours to let me get some things done around the house, so while Matthew was napping, I only thought it fair that he had some time to himself too.

But seriously, myself and my other neighbour Holly were out there chopping away at EVERYONE ELSE's mess, so that we can get the flow of water heading to the drain. I mean, it seemed like not one of our neighbours could care less.

Finally, neighbour #3 came out and helped to dig a trough to get the water moving, but in some places (where people haven't shovelled all winter), the ice is 4 inches thick.

Sheesh!



now onto the calming things.....
************************************************
4/365

1. we are blessed with enough stuff to be able to give some of it away. It feels good to give it away!
2. afternoon naps
3. Matthew identifying "Don" (AKA Don Cherry) on the TV
4. Daddy taking on bath duties, giving Mommy a few minutes to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment