Sunday, February 20, 2011

Green Goodness Smoothie V. 2.0

This version of the green goodness smoothie doesn't come out in a bright emerald green shade (it's more like swamp water :)) but it was pretty good none the less. It was much sweeter than the Green Goodness Smoothie. I tend to like my smoothies to have a bit of tang, but M is more apt to drink it if it's quite sweet, so he enjoyed this one.
If I made it again, I'd might substitute the orange for grapefruit and add a squeeze of lemon juice for some tang. I didn't use any frozen fruit in this one, but if you froze the banana and grapes, you could probably eliminate the ice cubes.
Green Goodness Smoothie V. 2.0



**Note: This smoothie was made in a vitamix blender.

1 c red seedless grapes
1/2 banana
1 apple, cored, but with the peel left on
1 orange (peel sliced off), throw in whole
8 ice cubes
4 c spinach (loosely packed).

Add all ingredients to the blender except the spinach. Blend until smooth consistency. Taste to ensure it is sweet/tart enough. Then add the spinach and blend until smooth. Makes about 3 c.

1 comment:

  1. I have to try this. I drank "green juice" every morning we were in Mexico. I asked what was in it & they said spinach, pineapple, orange juice & cucumber. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete