Sunday, December 20, 2009

A little bit of this and a little bit of that.....

Sorry for the lack of posts lately...  I have been so busy I don't know if I'm coming or going some nights.. and it's not like I try to do a million things, it's just that work is always super busy at the end of the year, coupled with all the extra work events going on and fitting in some Christmas stuff for us inbetween makes for very busy weeks!

So where to start...

The 25 days of Christmas have been a lot of fun!  Matthew is probably a bit young to care if we do an activity every day, but he sure loves getting his letter every morning from Crinkle. 

last weekend we visited Santa at the mall.  I was determined we would see our favourite Santa, so we had to endure almost an hour and a half in line... luckily Matthew was well entertained so he didn't even notice!

We also had Darren's work Christmas party last week.  It was a lot of fun!  This year they did it completely different than the traditional sit down dinner and served everything in little stations so you had to walk from one to the next to complete your meal.  My favourite was the Martini potato bar.. I'll have to do that for a party some day!

I got in a session of Dashing Dishes last week... Have you ever done them?  They are a life saver and I look forward to going and assembling my dishes every month!

We also had a girls night at work last week... it was a lot of fun to get together with just all the women who work on the 3rd floor of our office building... I think they should open it up to all women next year.. us girls don't do enough stuff like that where it's just us and no guys!

I tackled Cross Iron Mills last night.  I hadn't been there yet.  For those of you who don't know, it is a mega mall that opened up North of Calgary.  I fell in love with it!  I love shopping where everything is nice and new and the stores are huge and there is just about every store you could want in one place!  It is my new go to place for sure.. and I walked the whole mall in under 2 hours (that must be a record)... although when you have to walk as far as you do carrying as many bags as I had, I had to wonder if I could go into business renting little scooters out to people.  Seriously, I'd make a killing.

Matthew finished his last class of 2009 this morning at "school" ... they got to pretend to be Santa Claus sneaking around and reindeer prancing around and had a lot of fun!

And today Matthew informed me Santa is coming "all the way from the North Pool!!"...  I couldn't stop giggling....

No comments:

Post a Comment